Friday, April 3, 2015

Home Sweet Home Card Tip

Hey There Fellow Card Makers:
Anita here to share with you a new twist on and old technique.  I am sharing with how I made the background for my card using baby wipes and various mists.
This is a photo of the mists that I used.  I chose my patterned paper and then matched that to my mists.  This technique has always called for reinkers, but I don't have any of those any more.  I never used them so I got rid of them, but I do have plenty of mists.
I used a plastic coated craft mat to spray the four mist colors on.  You could use wax paper if you don't have a craft mat.
I then took a baby wipe that I made extra wet and dabbed it into the four colors, trying to spread them out.
I used white cardstock and made lines for my card with my wipe.  You can go back and touch it up if you miss any spots or need to add any colors.  You can make any design that you want with the wipe.  This gave me a perfectly matching background for my card.
The lines match the design on my flair, which was what I intended.  Hope that you have a chance to try this out for yourself.
Supplies Used:
Paper Sweeties Home Sweet Home stamp set
Lawn Fawn Beachside
Stampin' Up Cardstock
Baby Wipes Huggies
Spray Mists, Summer Sky, Prima, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Coral and Navy, Mister Huey's Dewey
A Flair for Buttons Watercolor Words
Martha Stewart Pearls
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Hugs,


No comments: