Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fun and Games Checker Board Ewe-N-Me DT


I am so excited to share my first design team post for Ewe-N-Me Printables.  I love these printables and they are so easy to use and print up gorgeously in your printer.  I love salt box homes and thought this would be a really fun set to make.  I bought a plain wooden tray from Joann's and painted it with Martha Stewart's Chipotle color paint.  It matched the red salt box homes perfectly.  I printed out both image sheets on cardstock and then adhered black cardstock to the tray with Modge Podge.  Once that was dry I adhered the game board over the cardstock and Modge Podged the whole tray and board piece.
I wanted to make the game pieces fit on the green squares like a real checkers board so used a round die to cut out the houses.  I inked half of the houses red and half black on the edge to denote the different players pieces.  I used red and black cardstock to punch matching circles to back the game pieces and popped them up so you can move them around easily.
Lastly, I printed Fun and Games with my Silhouette and put it on the outer long edge and tied some twine around the handle.  You can shop for these items in the Ewe-N-Me store and also with the links below.  


Hugs,

No comments: